UNITED WITH GOD

"The Son of Man must suffer many things 
and be rejected by the elders and chief priests 
and scribes, and be killed 
and be raised up on the third day."
Luke 9:22

Many people would like to attain union with God but they cannot bear the contradictions he sends them. They hate the sickness which strikes them, or the poverty they suffer, or the insults they receive. Since they cannot be resigned, they never succeed in reaching total union with God. -- St Alphonsus de Liguori

Trials and sufferings lead to glory. This has been the constant words of the Lord to me whenever I pass a difficult situation in life. These are stepping stones to achieve success, fulfillment, and fullness. As others say, "No Pain, No Glory".

It is common to people not to like undergoing trials and sufferings because of the hurts and pains that comes with it. Surely, I myself would not want to be in such a situation but if I seek for greater things to happen in my life, then I must be willing to push myself beyond my limits. Stretching your muscles in doing some exercises causes pain but the end product is firmness and growth.

Friend, I really do not know what trial or sorrow you are facing today. What I do know is the fact that all these are temporary and will not last forever. A day will come when you will look back and say, "from the trials and sorrows I have faced, I was able to overcome because they have been part of my learning experience and growth".

When I am completely united to you, there will be no more sorrow or trials; entirely full of you, my life will be complete. -- St. Augustine

Know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know the true God. We are in union with the one who is true, his Son Jesus the Messiah, who is the true God and eternal life. -- 1 John 5:20


“Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him."
John 13:31


Published: March 4, 2013 - 2:16 PM; April 4, 2013 - 5:11 PM